What do Darius Rucker and Barbara Mandrell have in common? Well, they are both CMA winners from last night. Darius Rucker won New Artist of the year, and Barbara Mandrell was inducted into the Country Hall of Fame.
The show last night had most county music lovers in front of their TV’s clapping and singing along with their favorites. Folks wanted to see if the group or person they were rooting for would win that most coveted award, be it favorite country male vocalist, favorite group, or country entertainer of the year. For one evening we get to share in the triumph and joy with the award winner, as well as the satisfaction of knowing millions agreed
that this artist was a favorite.
One of the great parts of the award show, was hearing all the new music, and experiencing the different musical crossovers, such as Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews, Daughtry with Vince Gill, or Kid Rock with Jamey Johnson. Another of my favorite parts of the show, is seeing all the dresses and styles the singers are wearing. There is so much glamour and glitz!
All in all it was a wonderful night, with wonderful music, and I can’t wait till next years show.
For more on today’s hottest stories, check out our top searched list. What other big stories happened today? Let us know! Come back for tomorrow’s Hot Searches and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for daily updates.
Hot Searches for November 12, 2009
1. CMA Awards - Taylor Swift wins Entertainer of the year award
2. Charla Nash - Brave survivor of chimpanzee attack appears on Oprah
3. Lou Dobbs - CNN broadcaster says goodbye to viewers
4. Veterans Day - Dozens stop by ARC building to sign cards for troops
5. Celine Dion - No longer pregnant
6. Darius Rucker - Change from Pop to Country pays off
7. Gemma Ward - Australian supermodel quits modeling
8. Anansa Sims - Plus size who posed for Glamour talks fashion
9. Mike Tyson -Not a good time to be on his bad side
10. Barbara Mandrell - Inducted in to the Country Hall of Fame