Grammy awards were announced and it was almost as exciting as the actual awards show. I love the Grammy show because it encompasses music from all genres. Not only are groups and individuals awarded for their work, but the people who actually write, direct and produce those songs are also recognized.
The Recording Academy has been presenting Grammy awards for the last 50 years. They are involved in not only the award show, but also in the advocacy of the musical performing arts. They sponsor many scholarships and awards and bring awareness and importance of music in the lives of young people into the public eye.
Some of the nominated front runners this year are Beyonce, who has 10 nominations, Taylor Swift, 8 nominations, and Lady Gaga, 5 nominations. Jay-Z was nominated for 5 awards and Maxwell for 6 awards.
What makes this award show so entertaining is all the different musical backgrounds that are represented. So no matter what kind of music you like, be it pop, rap, country, or instrumental, you can find it here.
So tune in for some great performances, great fashion, and always unexpected surprises.
For more on today’s hottest stories, check out our top searched list. What other big news and gossip happened today? Let us know! Come back to Hot Searches on Monday for a recap of the weekend’s biggest stories and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for daily updates.
Hot Searches for December 4, 2009
1. Tiger Woods Jokes - Go Viral on the web
2. Kalika Moquin - Another woman seeing Tiger
3. HAARP - Jesse Ventura investigates on Conspiracy Theories
4. Grammy Nominations - Nominees where announced
5. Pleasure P - Denies Child-Molestation allegations
6. Pakistan Mosque - Suicide attacker kills 35
7. Sara Rue - Loses weight again with Jenny Craig
8. Desiree Rogers - Lawmakers want her to testify about WH crashers
9. Steven Seagal - Lawman on A&E?
10. Amanda Knox - Jury deliberating verdict